Where it all started
My roots are from the small farming community of Coldwater and subsequently, Chili, NY, where Grandfather Joe owned the distinction as “Cauliflower King of Coldwater.” Growing up as part of a very close, large family (five siblings, 45 first cousins, 20 aunts and uncles, and somewhere in the range of their 200 offspring), instilled in me the importance and love of family, and a solid work ethic.
I am fortunate to have had several profound experiences that helped shaped my career and the person I am. It was serving my country as an active duty Airman in the U.S. Air Force that gave me a solid foundation for the public affairs career I am still working in today. My tour at the Air Force Academy during the first classes of women was both an honor and brought opportunities I would never have had elsewhere. Chronicling the women Lieutenant Air Training Officers (ATOs) surrogate upper classmen to the new women cadets; coordinating interviews between international media and the cadets; briefings with then Vice President Nelson Rockefeller, and the iconic Bob Hope; honing my photography, newspaper writing/editing and production skills; and serving my country as an ambassador of the Academy is something of which I will always be proud and appreciative.
Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA, 1st Strategic Aerospace Division Public Affairs Directorate also brought amazing opportunities as media spokesperson for missile test flights; coordination for the Space Shuttle Enterprise (piggyback atop a Boeing 747) enroute to the Dryden Flight Research Center following static tests at Kennedy Space Center; and as the base newspaper editor. Subsequently, I am proud to have been an Air Force spouse stationed at NASA/Johnson Space Center during the Air Force Space Shuttle program.
The next several years
- Earned my bachelor’s degree in Communications/Public Relations, Wright State University.
- Graduate course work in Public Relations, University of Houston.
- Earned an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) professional certification.
- Public Relations/Advertising Director of South Shore Harbour master planned community, (custom home neighborhoods, championship golf courses, 1000-slip marina, yacht club, commercial/retail, hotel, conference center and fitness center) on Clear Lake, TX.
- Principal/Owner of Penmark Group Public Relations, Houston, TX; built the firm to one of Houston’s top 25 leading PR agencies. Clients included NASA, aerospace firms, Chemical Manufacturers Association and resort destinations.
- Vice President at PRACO (Public Relations Advertising Company), Colorado Springs, CO (renamed named Vladimir Jones); built the department to one of the top five PR firms in the state and one of the top 100 nationally. Clients included the T-REX RTD/CDOT project, state of Colorado tourism, and numerous community infrastructure improvements projects.
Where I am today
In 2009 I decided to form my own business and Bachman pr was born. Today I lead a high performing team of expert public relations professionals proudly representing amazing projects for our very awesome clients.
professional associations and Certifications
- DBE, ESB, M/WBE, EBE and SBE
- 100% Woman- and Veteran-Owned
- Accredited, Public Relations Society of America (APR)
- Linked In at Lisa (Schickler) Bachman, APR
- Strategic marketing and communications plan development and program implementation
- Relationship building, team facilitation and consensus building
- National, state and local media relations and publicity
- Media spokesperson training
- Public involvement, public communications, outreach and public education programs
- Branding and marketing programs, graphics design and production
- Key message development and Issues identification, management and crisis communications
- Stakeholder research/opinion polling
- Communications and Event planning, tracking and measurement
public participation and agency involvement
- Community Development
- Public Works and Engineering
- Multi-modal/transit and Environmental Planning
- Parks, Trails and Tourism
- Real Estate Development
- Construction and Building
- PRSA, Colorado and Pikes Peak Chapters
- International Association of Public Participation
- Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS), Colorado Chapter
- Downtown Partnership, Colorado Springs
- Southern Colorado Press Association
- Council of Neighbors and Organizations, Advisory Board
- Coalition to Extend Pikes Peak Regional Transportation Authority, Steering Committee
- Colorado Springs Chamber and Economic Development Council